Well, we were chugging along with our usual activities until Thursday morning. An ice and freezing rain storm came through our area on Thursday morning, as predicted. Seth and I were having coffee together, Evie was enjoying a relaxing morning with school having already been canceled. We watched as several limbs, large branches, and half trees came down in our backyard and the backyards of our neighbors, cracking under the weight of the ice. Seth started work at 9 am, and by 9:15 we were without power. It is now 6:45 pm on Sunday and we are still without power. Fortunately, we have been welcomed to Granna and Grannadaddy's house and I was able to work some on Thursday and Friday since they still had power and internet. Seth wasn't able since moving his home office is a very involved task, though he has now brought all of his stuff over, so he can work tomorrow.
Now, in some ways, this has been very nice, because we haven't seen my parents in 2022 because of how much COVID has been spreading through the school. We had been trying to stay away so that Evie and I wouldn't bring COVID to Granna or Grannadaddy. But desperate times, and all, and when Granna said we could come over, I was quite relieved because it would've been a very cold 4 day weekend at home! Evie, bless her, realized we should take the dogs to board at the vet, so that's where they are. We have really enjoyed catching up with Granna and Grannadaddy, playing bridge and other board games, having meals together, and making up for lost visits from the month of January when we didn't see each other.
I went over the house to do my workouts and it is 42 degrees inside! Today I could see my breath during my workout. So I am very thankful for somewhere warm and free to come to.
No comments:
Post a Comment