Well, the COVID positive calls from the school continue, including another close contact call for Evie. One third of the kids in her class either have COVID or have to quarantine because of close contacts and not being vaccinated. Evie has not had any symptoms and has been fully vaccinated, so she is able to keep going to school. She restarted her dance activities this week, and I forgot to mention last week that she is doing theatre classes on Saturdays again, so Saturdays are for gymnastics and theatre, and then she has ballet on Mondays and Tuesdays, and a tap/jazz class on Thursdays. She's a busy girl, but she still manages to get all her homework done and has had straight As this whole year. I am so very proud of her.
I've started looking at summer camp options for her because programs are starting to publish their offerings. Evie wants to go to our local Presbyterian camp one week. It's a sleep away camp about an hour from where we live, so she'll be gone for 5 days and 4 nights. I'm sure she will enjoy it and do well, but I'm not sure how I'll do!
For two weeks of the summer, we'll be gone (hopefully) on our 10/40 birthday trip. Evie will be turning 10 and I will be turning 40 so, just like we did with Seth for his 40th birthday when we went to Japan, we're doing a bucket list trip for me. I've always wanted to go to Italy, so I wanted to go there for my 40th. Evie's birthday is the week before mine and when we were watching some travel shows, she saw people enjoying the Alps and she said that she wanted to go there for her 10th birthday, so our plan is to go to Switzerland for her 10th birthday, and then head to a tour of some Italian cities for my birthday.
Another summer opportunity I wanted to explore for her is Mississippi State University's vet camp. That would be a great university for her to attend if she is still thinking she wants to be a vet, and I thought vet camp would be a great introduction. Unfortunately, the offerings they have for Evie's age are the week before her birthday and they require you to be 10 years old. So she's 5 days shy of being able to go this year, but we'll try next year.
Speaking of her interest in animals, I got some video of her snuggling with Siouxsie when Sioux was in an especially cuddly mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment