We've had a snowy morning. Evie enjoyed playing in the snow this morning, throwing snow balls for Siouxsie to catch, and eating some snow cream before church.
We've had another week of not seeing Granna and Grannadaddy other than at church this morning. I'm not thrilled that we're having to spend time away from them, but the numbers in our county are in the 2,000s of new infections per day and I just worry about how much Evie and I are both exposed to at school. So far so good, and I'm hoping the numbers will start to come down soon.
This morning, I recalled that it was 9 years since Memmaw's passing. I mentioned that to Evie and she said, "Wait, so I was a baby when Memmaw died?" I said, yes, and told her a little bit about how Memmaw was surrounded by all of her children and 3 of her grandchildren, including me, and how Grannadaddy was holding Evie in the other room, which he mentioned when he spoke at Memmaw's funeral. That got me all teary, and then we had a really moving service this morning, and I cried and held Evie through most of the offertory. She reached over and patted me in a gesture of comfort and that made me cry even more. What a sweet girl God gave me.
No comments:
Post a Comment