Amazing.... Looking back through my pictures to include in this blog, I have only taken one picture of Evie this whole week. I remember wondering when she was a baby when there would be a single day that would go by that I wouldn't take a picture of her. I guess now we just get busy and I forget.
Evie was back to school this week, which is causing us some pause about being around any other family members. I myself encountered at least 3 students on Monday who had COVID symptoms (I made them go back to their classes and did not see them for their speech therapy). I have 4 kids on my caseload who had COVID this week (they were not at school). I am very concerned about how much our numbers are going up here and especially how easily this omnicron strain can spread, and schools have been having a hard time getting kids to keep their masks on. So this feels like not the right time to be around Granna and Grannadaddy, at least until the numbers are back down.
I tested Evie on Monday when she said that her stomach was hurting. She was negative, so I let her go to ballet, and she has had no symptoms since then so I feel confident it was just one of her little stomach moments she gets sometimes. She had ballet on Tuesday as well, and yesterday she started theatre class for the quarter, and went to gymnastics. As much as I know each of these events is a potential vector for disease, I don't have the heart right now to tell her she can't go to her activities. She's been vaccinated and had COVID, for goodness sake, I feel like that's probably enough immunity. Who knows, she might even get it again and we'd never know because that seems to be what happens in younger kids anyway. Which is all the more reason for us to stay away from loved ones for a little bit, until the numbers go down, I think.
Evie's school is hosting a read-a-thon to raise money for tutors. She is super excited to participate and has already logged 100 minutes. She got a huge bin of books from Addie, so there's plenty for her to devour.
No comments:
Post a Comment