Sunday, February 27, 2022

Geminis

 Evie had Monday off from school so she spent the night at Granna and Grannadaddy's house Sunday night.  She had her usual ballet and tap schedule, and then this Saturday was her showcase for her theatre class she's been doing this quarter.  She was in the Musical Medley class and they sang a couple of songs.  This one, called "One Small Voice" got me crying.


Last night, Seth was gaming so Evie and I hung out in the evening and did some of her crafts and projects that have been building up in her craft cabinet.  She rediscovered the make up kit she was given for Christmas, so we spent a while with her painting her face.



I have some sweet, sentimental moments to share from this week.  About 3 months ago while we were waiting for a table at a restaurant or something, I was trying to distract her from being antsy while she was sitting in my lap, by putting my mouth up to her ear and making a clicking sound with my tongue.  I told her I was a squirrel and she was my acorn and I was hungry.  I had sort of forgotten all about that when she asked me one evening this week if I was a hungry squirrel - she just called up that memory out of nowhere.

I am also enjoying how the tables are turning regarding who is reading to whom.  Seth and I take turns reading books to her at night, and have since she was born.  Well she now has a favorite book (A Wolf Called Wander) that she keeps in the car.  She has started reading it aloud to me when we are driving.  Her expression, her ability to interpret the punctuation appropriately, her sense of timing is amazing!

And one more sweet thing:  We had played a game of Clover with Grannadaddy on Friday and one of the words that was on one of the cards was "Gemini".  I guess that was on her mind because she came out Saturday morning and asked me, "Are we Geminis?"  With both of us being born in June, just one week apart, I said yes.  She said, "And Gemini means twin, right?"  "Right."  "Well, maybe that's how we're together - we're twins, just 30 years apart.  Because sometimes when you feel something, I feel the same way, like how twins do."

Oh, this precious child!

No comments:

Post a Comment