Saturday, May 29, 2021

Memphis Explorations

 Last Sunday was Pentecost where we are asked to wear red to remind us of the fire descending on the Apostles, so here are me and Evie in our red.


We are coming down to just a few weeks of school left, and Evie and I have finally figured out that even though we are at different schools, we can still call each other on Teams so we got to have lunch together one day this week.  I used to go in to eat with her at her school once a month, so it's nice to kind of feel like we're carrying on that tradition, even with virtual school.


Tuesday was the anniversary of our first date, so we all went out for another restaurant patio dinner.  Hard to believe we've been together for 18 years now!


Yesterday we went to a local restaurant that has a bunch of outdoor activities like cornhole, volleyball, washers, and a huge playground.  Evie played her first game of cornhole and did pretty well!


This morning we went to Chucalissa which is a common field trip destination, and I remember that I was supposed to go there for a field trip in elementary school but it was canceled.  It is a Native American site where they built up a mound and stayed there for part of the year.  They have a replica hut and you can go up the steps to see what it would have looked like from the top of the mound.





After that, we went to the Egyptian exhibit at the Art Museum on campus.  Evie's studying Egypt in CLUE (the gifted program at her school) and so she was all into explaining the different gods and goddesses represented in the artifacts.  I'm trying to find us more Memphis things to do that are a little off our usual path so this morning definitely hit a few of those.




No comments:

Post a Comment