Saturday, May 15, 2021

Mother's Day, Cemeteries, and Yoga

This week we celebrated Mother's Day.  I'm still recovering from my gallbladder surgery, so this was the closest I could get to picking Evie up for a picture, but it's still way better than the Mother's Day when I'd thrown my back out. 


We're finally feeling brave enough to venture out to restaurant patios on a regular basis.  This week we went to Patrick's where Evie invented a game of hand bull fighting.  She would hold one of the cloth napkins up and Seth or I had to make one of our hands be a bull and try to spear her.




I love this little goofball.

We continue to try to get Edison in better shape and Evie has been in charge of walking him.  They go at a good pace for each other.


This morning, it was a beautiful day to get out and do something we hadn't done with Evie before.  After a stop at the donut shop, we went to Elmwood Cemetery which is one of the oldest in Memphis and where a lot of famous Memphians are buried.  They had a scavenger hunt list for kids (e.g., someone from the Revolutionary, Civil, and World Wars, someone with your first name, someone with your birthday, etc.) so we spent a good couple of hours there.  I wasn't sure if she would like it, but she was really into completing the list, and we also got to talk about Memphis history, yellow fever, Confederate vs. Union soldiers, architecture, and all kinds of other topics.




This afternoon, she had her tap recital.  She's the one in the middle.


This evening, Evie said, "Hey Mama, watch this!" and boom! She was in crow pose!  I would love to find her a yoga studio to go to when the vaccine is available for kids.  I think she'd do great.



No comments:

Post a Comment