We have had such a busy week this week! Evie had to go to school in person for half days on Monday through Wednesday to take the state test. I was working at my school all day on Monday and Tuesday, and Seth has to be at work at 8:00 whereas Evie's school starts at 8:15, so of course Granna came to the rescue to take Evie and pick her up. Evie said she thinks she did well on her tests and she definitely enjoyed having time with Granna on her half days after school.
Wednesday, I had my gallbladder removed. It wasn't an emergency or anything. I'd had a couple of gallbladder attacks at the beginning of April and an ultrasound confirmed multiple gallstones and while I might have been able to wait to have it out (because it hadn't bothered me other than those two times), after consulting with the surgeon and my brother I determined better to have it out now before it became an emergency problem sometime that was less convenient.
So Tuesday night, Evie spent the night with Granna and Wednesday morning Seth and I drove to the hospital at 5:15 am and I was back for surgery by 7:30 and home by noon. I really didn't feel too bad on Wednesday at all other than feeling bloated. In fact, I was able to extract myself from the couch to do Evie's hair for ballet on Wednesday because she had a dress rehearsal.
Thursday Evie had her ballet recital and I was glad to be feeling well enough to go with Seth and Granna. She did a great job. She was in two dance numbers, one that was more traditional ballet in which she was the tail of the caterpillar in the Alice in Wonderland story, and the other which was more lyrical. She had a second performance on Friday, but since we still live in COVID times, they were doing the show in the dance studio which used to be a church sanctuary, so although it is large, it's not large enough to accommodate the family of all of the dancers; so we were only allowed to go on Thursday and the other half of the parents went on Friday.
Also on Friday we got an email from her dance studio that said she has been advanced to Upper Level 2 for the fall! This is a nice accomplishment because it means she's mastered all the skills they expect for Lower Level 2, so she's worked hard to prove herself.
She has been a good nurse for me this week, bringing me things if I need them, and also accompanying me on walks as I recover.
We were also so delighted to get news this week of Evie's new cousin, Eleanor! Evie has been enjoying seeing pictures of her and has already said she thinks they are going to be great friends.



No comments:
Post a Comment