This should have been Evie's first week of 3rd grade. Our school calendar was set to begin on this past Monday, but the school board postponed the start of the school year, I guess in hopes that we would be in a position in our county to safely open schools again. While the municipalities around us have opened, giving a virtual or in-person option to their students, our school district has decided that everyone will begin online. They had already postponed the school year, so they didn't change the start date once they made the all-virtual decision. So, here we are, still on "spring break".
In effort to get Evie to be outside some, I set up the sprinkler for her. Childhood memories are made of stuff like running through the sprinkler
Evie had a little bit of a breakdown this week. She has been stuck in the house with no friends for a while and just us old people for company. She was having an emotional day and broke down, saying, "I just miss my friends and being around other kids, and I feel like this pandemic is changing me." I immediately texted the parents of her friends and asked if any of them were open to outdoor playdates or FaceTime. I personally have not had a difficult time with the restrictions around the pandemic, or a problem with not being able to do what we normally do, but that's not the case for the other members of my little family. They both miss seeing other people. Strange that I'm the one who doesn't mind not seeing people. Anyway, we have some playdates scheduled now.






No comments:
Post a Comment