Friday, April 3, 2020

Unlock a New Level

Evie's latest past time has been to explore the extent of her vocal range by trying to sing soprano.  She particularly enjoys that operatic recitative style.  I have tried to convince her to learn the aria sung by the Queen of the Night from The Magic Flute.  I let her listen to it and she said, "If I learn how to do this, then when I tell people, they'll say, 'She unlocked a new level!'"  Perhaps we've been letting her play too many computer games...

We've been doing some more online lessons to keep up at school, but also doing some old fashioned worksheets, and some hands-on learning as well as book reading.  Siouxsie likes to help when she can.


Evie came up with a great idea as we were working on time telling.  She would tell me the time of day and have me "set" her as a clock.






Today, we went to Granna and Grannadaddy's house where we just sat in the driveway, 8 feet away from them and had a picnic.  It was nice to be together even if we couldn't be together as normal.  Evie has a fear of bugs so it was an interesting time, watching her dodge various bees and other pollinators.


No comments:

Post a Comment