Friday, March 6, 2020

I'm Gonna Hold You at Night Time

Hope everyone enjoyed their Leap Day.  I look every day at my TimeHop to see what happened on this day however many years ago.  This year being a Leap Year, I got to see this memory from 4 years ago, when Evie and I had this exchange:

Me: Evie, I love holding you at night time. It's my favorite part of the day.
Evie: Me too. (whispers) Mama, when I'm a grown up, I'm gonna hold you at night time.
Me: (weeping)

This Saturday, Seth and I started playing a game we've had in the closet for a while: Pandemic Legacy 2.  It's a fairly simple strategy game, but complicated by the fact that the goals change and you discover new pieces of the board and the decisions you make in one round affect the next round.  Evie played with us once we got the hang of it and she really enjoyed it.


Saturday night we went out to celebrate Granna's birthday.  Seth and I hadn't been to Pete and Sam's since about 2004 so that was a nice treat.


Sunday we went to church and then, as usual, we went out to eat with the group.  This new restaurant was pretty slow and Evie got bored so she did some tap dancing to entertain us, and then made herself a bench out of some extra chairs.


Tuesday we had dinner at Granna and Grannadaddy's, and Evie wanted to climb their tree.


Evie's book fair was this week, so I indulged her request for a book about ghosts.  I remember that in about 3rd and 4th grade, kids started getting really interested in ghosts, so I'm not sure if she's precocious or influenced by other kids, but she's been wanting to talk about all things ghostly.  She specifically requested this book from the book fair so we'll see if she likes it enough or if it scares her.


Evie loves to do yoga that we stream from this yoga kids channel, so since my workout program I'm doing right now includes yoga days, she sometimes does them with me.




I will never tire of sneaking in after she's fallen asleep and staring at this little girl's face.  I do this on my way to bed every night, just taking in her little features and thinking about how much I love her.  God knew how much I needed her.


No comments:

Post a Comment