Once we were sure the medicine was working and her temperature was going down, we got some sleep. She was still feverish in the morning and wouldn't have been going to church anyway, but she was still pretty lethargic. I went to church and when I got home, she was up on the couch, playing a video game with Seth so she was feeling some better. She was fever free by the afternoon and stayed that way Monday, but she was still coughing and seemed run down. Tuesday she spent the day at my parents' house because I wasn't sure she had the stamina to get through a day at school.
Edison cuddles and laptop privileges made up for illness in some regard.
Wednesday she went back to school and we were back to normal. Tonight we went to the church for Game Night and she was able to keep up with the energy of the rest of the kids there so I feel like she's turned a corner and maybe we'll have a weekend without illness for a change!
I have to brag on her academics. They recently did a standardized test and Evie scored in the 96th percentile for reading and 95th for math. I'm especially proud of her math skills because she doesn't get a lot of work from us in that regard; we read chapter books together every day, but we don't exactly do math facts or processes, so that's all her retention from school.

No comments:
Post a Comment