Saturday we went to Kathy's house to look through some pictures so I could get some ready to display at the visitation and memorial service. While we went through Grandma's cedar chest, we found the shoes and hat she wore at her wedding. The shoes were only a little bit big on Evie.
Evie in Grandma's wedding shoes
Grandma's wedding hat and shoes
Sunday, when we were driving to church, I was telling Evie that one of the things I always loved about Grandma was that she made a point to tell you how much she loved you and how important you were to her. I told Evie that I try to do that myself and asked her, "I mean, if I died tomorrow, you would know how important you were to me and how much I love you, right?" Her eyes got a little big and she said, "Yeah... but that's not gonna happen, right?" I laughed but then I realized I am probably too intense for her sometimes.
I still have to sneak in to give this beautiful girl a kiss at night.
This was my Grandma's mom's ring (we called her Granny), and Grandma used to tell me that she wanted me to have it when she died. I always told her I was glad I wouldn't ever inherit it because Grandma was immortal. She would respond that she is immortal, just not on this earth.
I told Evie that one day this ring would be hers and there was another example of me being too intense for her.
"Stop, theif!"
Chorus girl in Aladdin







No comments:
Post a Comment