Thursday, November 14, 2019

Field Trip

This week, I went on Evie's field trip to the local science museum where we learned about dinosaurs.  Evie was happy to be chosen as a volunteer to help "dig" for fossils and also to open the gigantic egg they had.



When we were sitting listening to the scientists, I noticed one particular boy who was having a hard time keeping any thoughts in his own head and making sure that others were also paying attention to him.  I asked her his name and she told me and I asked her if he was in her class.  She said no and I asked why she knew his name then.  She said, "Everybody speaks about him."  I thought that was a funny observation.

Tomorrow we leave to go to Oregon for Grampa's funeral.  Evie is coming with us and this will be the first funeral she's attended so I anticipate some interesting questions from her.  But I know she will bring lots of brightness to the sad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment