The kids had a great time playing together and didn't want to leave each other, per usual. But we had to come home in time for Evie to get a good night's rest so she could start second grade on Monday. We had a bit of confusion about which door she was supposed to go in, but I got to walk her into her classroom. She started getting nervous while we were waiting outside for the doors to open, and then when she got into her classroom, she was nervous about messing up on the "About Me" paper she was supposed to complete. She asked me to help her and I told her I couldn't because it was her work. She got a little teary eyed and I gave her a big hug and told her that she was going to have a great day once she and everyone else got settled in and that all the other kids were probably nervous too but that her new teacher would take very good care of them. She seemed to have had a perfectly fine day when I picked her up.
Second grade
Her best friend from last year, Allyson, is not in her class this year, but they are across the hall from each other and apparently made a pact that they were going to meet on the playground Wednesday afternoon. So every day this week, Evie and Allyson have gotten to catch up and play together. I love that Evie forms these strong friendships with good kids who have good families.
Words cannot express how much I love this little girl.










No comments:
Post a Comment