We now enter the busiest time of the year, but also, since becoming a parent, the most fun time of the year. I love all the traditions, the lights, the baking, the music - everything about this time of year makes me happy.
We had the interesting occurrence of the first night of Hanukkah happening on the first night of Advent, so we enjoyed celebrating both, though Evie dripped some hot wax on herself as she was lighting the menorah so that has put her off from participating in the lighting of the candles the last couple of nights.
Tonight we went out for dinner where Evie got some shrimp (she absolutely loves it - it's her favorite food) and Seth told her to be sure not to eat too much of it or it might hurt her stomach. She asked how and I explained that it can sometimes make you gassy. When we got home, she took a bath and she said to me, "I'm afraid of what Daddy said." Not remembering the previous exchange, I asked her what she meant. She said, "I don't want to get airy." I love when kids can't quite accurately remember terms.
I forgot to mention last month that she said to me one day, "You know, Mama, there's more to life than happy times." I thought that was a very mature thought. Then last month, when she went to Desmond's birthday party, she told me, "I told Desmond's mom, 'There's more to life than being happy,' and his mom asked me, 'Like what?' and I said, 'Like, I like to go adventuring.'"
My sweet girl turns six and a half tomorrow and I hope she will do all the adventuring she wants for the rest of her life.

No comments:
Post a Comment