Thursday, Evie and I made Christmas cookies and finished putting decorations on the tree. It's exactly the kind of thing that I've always imagined motherhood would be like - just these picture perfect moments of mother/daughter bonding that I've always enjoyed. And the cookies are delicious.
We also watched some Christmas movies and Herbie likes to use Evie as a pillow.
Friday, Evie went to my parents' house while I saw some patients and then we just kind of hung around the house. She and Herbie had a good snuggle.
Saturday we had tickets to the matinee of Peter Pan. Each year, I try to get us tickets in the row where I know they are going to ask for a child volunteer and for the last two years, Evie's been chosen. But we gave her a pep talk beforehand to remind her that there are other kids who want a chance and she may not be the one who's chosen and that she shouldn't be disappointed if she's not because she's already been able to do it twice. She said, "It's okay if I don't get picked, because I already have the perfect life." She did not get picked, and she was okay.
Saturday evening, my brother and the kids got in town so we went to hang out with them. Sunday after church we went to my cousin Daniel's new house to play board games. The kids made a game of coming down the stairs as Santa's reindeer, singing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and they took turns being Rudolph. Evie introduced the group by saying, "Presenting the flying reindeer and Santa!"
Christmas Eve was more playing with cousins and then church in the evening. Just before we went to church, Evie told me, "My life is perfect." I'm so glad she feels that way.
Evie, Addie, Lydia, Granna, Will, Grandma Jeanne, and Kathy ready for Christmas Eve service
Evie and Nathaniel in front of our Christmon tree
My grandparents' youngest grandchildren and some of their oldest great-grands
Aiden and Zach in the back (my cousins)
Lydia (my cousin), Evie, Addie, and Will
Christmas Day was a bunch of present opening and eating, starting with our house on Christmas morning, then breakfast and lunch at my parents' house with my Dad's family, then Mom's side at my uncle Tim's house. It's always a full day, but always wonderful to spend so much time with family.










No comments:
Post a Comment