Friday night we tried a new Italian place which was amazingly good. Evie enjoyed it, especially when her alfredo sauce got on her nose.
Saturday we did some cleaning up around the house and some shopping. At IKEA, they have a station where you can change your electric vehicle, the initials of which are "EV".
Sunday we had church, and my aunt Kristy and cousins Aiden and Lydia were in town so we were able to sit with them and then went to lunch together. Later we decided to go play Putt-Putt and Evie and Lydia rode in the bumper boats.
Evie is staying home with me this week since there weren't very many camps to choose from and none that especially interested her. Monday afternoon, we decided to go to the Children's Museum and we met up with Kristy and her kids there.
Evie and Lydia on the climbing wall
Fishing in the Mississippi River replica
Seesawing
Evie's looking in the microscope to figure out which kind of wood a certain canoe is made from.
Hiding from T-Rex
Ready for our 3-D movie on the South Pacific
Last night we went to Kathy's house for dinner and to watch the fireworks. Today, we went to Lichterman where Evie had Nature Camp to pick up the lunchbox she left there last month and also to walk the trails. It was pretty hot, but also enjoyable. We had dinner with my parents tonight.
On one of our drives, Evie started in again about how much she wants a little brother or sister. I told her I didn't think that that was God's plan for us and that I was happy with our family the way we were. I said, Daddy and I are getting older and maybe if we'd had a baby earlier in life it would be possible to have another baby. Evie asked why we didn't have a baby earlier and I told her that it just took us a really long time to be able to have her. She said, "You know why it took a really long time? Because God was making me." Absolutely. She was worth the wait.















No comments:
Post a Comment