Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Huntsville Girls Trip

I got back from my work trip on Thursday evening and then Friday afternoon Evie, my mom, my aunt Linda, and I drove to Huntsville, AL to meet up with my Aunt Kristy and cousin Lydia for a girls' trip.  We were doing this in part to honor my grandfather's 100th birthday coming up later this month - we just thought it would be good to be together. 

Evie was a bit squirrelly during the trip.  I forgot to bring anything to really entertain her so she was making her own entertainment.  At one point, she and I were in the backseat playing a game she made up and she was trying to explain it to me and I kept (somewhat intentionally) getting it wrong.  She looked at me and said, "You are missing the point".  That cracked me up.  I was also teasing her about the car in front of us being weird looking and maybe it was a shark because it had a spoiler on it.  She said, "We can tell very well that that is not a shark fin."  I just love the way she puts things sometimes.

When we got to the hotel Friday evening, Kristy had facial masks for us to try out and we all got a good laugh out of seeing each other with these masks on.


Saturday we walked around the hotel grounds which were gorgeous, and then went to some shops and to lunch.

The girls loved feeding these enormous fish in the hotel fountain/canal/lake


Trying out antique beds

Swinging on the indoor swing

We came back Saturday night.  It was a quick trip, but a good one.  

Sunday, Evie was enjoying pushing baby Lydia (my friend Cristal's 6-month-old daughter) in the stroller.


I also snapped this picture of Evie and my grandma sitting together during worship.  I love these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment