Checking her bat
First hit
First run
They don't play for who wins at this age; they just let each team get through their list of batters and then let the other team go. They play 2-3 innings, however much they can get done in an hour. It's a good experience and a good pace for everyone, I think.
Saturday after her game, we went to lunch and then saw the movie Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero which is an animated film depicting the true story of a Boston Terrier stray who becomes a hero during WWI. Evie was fascinated by it. Then we came home and she got to hang out with her own dogs:
Sunday we went to church and then went to Sasha's house for a playdate and dinner. The girls got along great. It'll be strange for them to be apart next year while Sasha stays for kindergarten and Evie goes on to a new school.
Speaking of school, there are so many summer birthdays this year that Ms. Jan is having to spread out the birthday celebrations, so Evie's will be tomorrow, more than a month before her actual birthday, but I don't think she minds. She decided she wanted to make peanut butter chocolate chip muffins for the morning snack to celebrate with her friends.
I am reminded that I never posted the cute/sweet/funny thing Evie said last week. We were getting ready to leave my parents' house after our usual Tuesday night dinner, and Evie was going to be riding home with me because Seth and I get there in separate cars. Evie said goodbye by walking up to Grannadaddy and saying, "You're the best!" and giving him a hug. Then she goes to Granna and says, "You're the best too" and gives her a hug. Then she goes to Seth and says, "See you later."
Also, I have to report that Evie asked me if I remembered this thing that happened when we were in Florida over July 4th last year. She said, "Remember the time we were in Florida and I was just with Uncle Ryan because you and Aimee and Addie and Will were gone, and Uncle Ryan called you to ask if I could have gummies?" I told her that I didn't really recall that and asked her if my answer was yes. She said, "Yeah..... That's one of my happy memories."





No comments:
Post a Comment