After the celebration, I had my last parent/teacher conference with Jan (Seth hasn't been able to come to any school stuff this year because of his new job) and I cried during that too (quelle suprise). Jan had lovely things to say about Evie and her development and she told me this story: Evie said to the school director (who is retiring, as is Evie's classroom teacher Jan), "You're leaving, and Ms. Jan is leaving, and I'm leaving." Ms. Sandy said, "You're right, we're all going at the same time, aren't we?" Evie said, "Thanks for waiting." What 5-year-old has the insight to say something like that?! She's an old soul.
Evie had another t-ball game this week. In fact, she had to miss dance in order to be able to go to it, but I gave her the choice. She chose t-ball and when I asked why she said, "Because in ballet, they never ask you if you want to be the catcher." Fair enough....
Saturday we went to an event at a local store where they had a variety of Melissa & Doug toys that kids were allowed to "test". Evie had such a good time and was so sweet playing vet.
Sunday night we went to April and Jason's house so Evie could play with Ivy and Corwin and we grown-ups got to catch up. On the way down to their house, Evie wanted to pretend that our car was being chased by a dragon. We were royalty and the dragon was going to get us, so she suggested that we split up, with the king (Daddy) going one way, the princess (me) going another, and the queen (Evie) going a third. Evie said, "Oh no! He's going to get me!" Seth said, "I'll distract him. He'll probably want to eat me because I'm the biggest." Not to be outdone, Evie said, "No, he's after me, my skin is the softest!"
Last night, she had her "recital" for gymnastics. She is fearless when it comes to flipping and tumbling and falling... Better than me!
A short one
A longer compilation
They gave medals out to the kids, and I love how proud she is of herself.



No comments:
Post a Comment