Tuesday, April 24, 2018

T-Ball and Date Night

Friday of this week, Evie's school celebrated Earth Day and since she's about to leave her school forever (because they only go up to Kindergarten), I've been trying to go to every event they have so I can soak in all the memories.  We had a picnic with Evie's friends sitting on our blanket, and Grannadaddy was also able to come, so we enjoyed chatting with the kids and eating our picnic lunches.  I took Evie home after the picnic was over and we got to hang out and play in her room which has become her favorite thing to do.

My picnic partner

They had lots of fun things for the kids to do, including crawling through tunnels.

Friday morning before school, Evie asked me where the man who had taught her her first year at Montessori had gone.  I had to think back to remember Mr. Marcus, the G.A. who was there when Evie was 3.  I have no idea how he suddenly popped into her head, but I remain amazed at her memory.

We had a very busy Saturday!  Evie had t-ball practice, her first and only practice before her first game (which is supposed to be tonight but the ground is pretty wet so I'm secretly hoping they'll cancel it because I don't want to be out there in the mud).  The practice lasted an hour and a half and was a lot of drills.  Evie did pretty well, but I don't know that the kids ever put all the different skills together, so it'll be interesting to see how they do when it comes to actually playing a game.

Evie is the second from the left, learning to catch grounders

Evie at the bat

After t-ball we went home for a bite to eat and then met Desmond at Putt-Putt.  Evie's been asking to go to Putt-Putt for ages and also asking to have a playdate with Desmond, so it seemed like a good time to put those things together.  I was really amused when on the way there, Evie pulled out a toy compact mirror that she keeps in her carseat and started preening.  I asked her what she was doing and she said she was fixing her hair for Desmond.

They enjoyed mini-golf, but they also were happy to just sit on the bench and talk to each other like old friends.  Then we went inside and played arcade games before heading to get some ice cream.  If they do end up getting married (which I'm told is still the plan), we'll have some amazing pictures to show at their wedding reception.  (Which reminds me, a little while ago Evie was asking about last names and somehow it came up that when people get married, usually a wife will take her husband's last name.  She thought for a second and said, "What's Desmond's last name?"  I said, "Sosa," and she said, "Hmmm, Evie Sosa."  I laughed so hard.)


They look like teenagers to me!





Saturday night after Putt-Putt, Evie spent the night with Kathy.  She had been looking forward to a sleepover with Kathy for weeks and they had a great time.  It was a busy weekend, but also very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment