Saturday kicked off Spring Break and also marked the end of Evie's acting workshop for the trimester. She was one of 4 Snow Whites in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves", which is on video below. I bought her a Snow White dress as her present to commemorate the occasion.
Then, we went to a friend's birthday party and she got to dress up as a fairy and get her face painted. It was an exciting day!
Sunday I was the teacher in Sunday School and Evie and Nathaniel enjoyed our lesson on the last coin. They liked counting the money and pretending to give their offerings.
Evie also got some kisses from Grannadaddy after worship, before he left on his annual Florida trip.
Monday I took the afternoon off to take Evie to the Civil Rights Museum. It's a really great museum that has changed a lot since I was a teenager, which was the last time I was there. Evie got to see a replica of a bus where a driver tells you to move to the back, a replica of the counter for the sit-ins, the actual room where MLK was staying when he was shot. It was really hard to explain the importance of these things, not because Evie wasn't able to understand (she was), but because I hate ruining her innocence with knowledge of how horrible humans can be to one another.
On a lighter note, Evie told Seth randomly one night, "You. Are. A. Masterpiece." I think she meant it to be slightly insulting/funny because he was annoying her, but it was pretty humorous perhaps not in the way she meant it to be.






No comments:
Post a Comment