Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Coming Home

This little girl.  I missed her so much while I was gone to NYC.  I was only gone from Thursday (and I spent a good part of Thursday morning with her at school) and picked her up yesterday, but 3 days without her sweet face is tough!

According to Seth, they went to Putt-Putt on Saturday before going to eat Mexican food and then Evie went to spend the night at my parents' house.  Mom said that Evie and my Dad were playing Life (the old version from the 1960s) and Evie landed on having a son.  She named him Kobee Kareen Mayne.  My dad landed on a son and Evie asked what his name would be.  My dad said, "Ryan" and Evie said, "Not the name of your child!"  I guess she wanted something more creative.  Then Dad landed on a daughter and said her name would be Emily.  Evie said, "Not the name of your daughter!"  Dad said, "Can you find an Emily in that bag?"  Evie took the pink peg out of the green car that I was using when we played last Tuesday night and said, "There's only one - from the green car."  She amazes me.

Then Dad said, "We need to report this to your mother," and Evie said, "When she returns from New York."  She just uses such grown-up language.  Like on Sunday, when he Sunday School teacher asked her why we go to worship and Evie said, "So we can experience Jesus."  Incredible.

I was told by one of the other ladies at church when I went to a meeting last night that Evie was eager to take care of my Grandma.  She went up to Grandma who was sitting on her walker and said, "Do you want me to push you into the sanctuary?"  Grandma told her no, that she would visit for a little bit before she was ready to go in.  Evie said, "Okay, well just let me know when you're ready and I'll come help you."  I cannot get over the sweetness of this child!

Yesterday when I went to pick her up, she ran across the room and leapt into my arms.  I told her we could go get something special - anywhere she wanted.  She chose a frosty from Wendy's, so we sat at a table in Wendy's and split a frosty.  I love being back with my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment