Evie and I had a special treat at the Tigers game this weekend. Since it was homecoming, they invited the children of alumni to walk around the field before the game started, following the cheerleaders and our tiger mascot. So Evie, Granna, and I got to the stadium very early to get our wristbands and then Evie was entertained with bounce houses, a pep rally, and other pre-game events while we waited for our time to walk. Granna went inside the stadium so she could take our pictures, and we were very early in the line up, so we could even be seen on the jumbotron (that's the enormous TV that shows the video feed, just in case that term is defunct by the time grown-up Evie is reading this). Evie was delighted to go down through the tunnel and on the field.
Granna found this cute Tiger bow for Evie to wear
We got to walk through the Tiger mouth that used to be used for the players' entrance.
Go Tigers Go!
Evie asking my Dad questions about the rules of football
This weekend, we also went to Corwins's birthday party. Evie had a lot of fun playing with Ivy and the other girls her age, and, of course, eating cake.
School is going well for Evie. She's learning how to write pretty well and has had several assignments where she has to compose sentences.
Every night, on my way to bed, I have to look in and sneak a peak at my precious girl. I was thinking one night how strange it will be in 13 years when her little head may not be sleeping under my rough anymore. I can't bear the thought.
Evie and I have talked about how when you become a teenager, you start to not get along with your parents as well as you did as a little kid. One night this week after Iwas telling her I wanted to cuddle with her forever but that she probably wouldn't want to when she grows up, she said, "Mama, did you like your mom and dad when you were a teenager?" I said, "Yeah, I still liked them very much, but like most teenagers, I thought they didn't know anything. But I was wrong." She said, "Well, you know, the longer you live, the more you know what it's all about." She gets it - and that amazes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment