Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October Fun

Well, here we are already in the last quarter of the year - the time where everything speeds up for grown ups and slows down for kids, the time when there are more fun events than you could possibly go to.  We in the Mayne household ushered in October by spending the afternoon of Sunday the 1st decorating our house for Halloween.  Seth and I have different tastes when it comes to Halloween decorations: He loves the spooky and macabre, and I barely tolerate the holiday at all.  So we compromise with festive lights, pumpkins, and black cats and I'll allow the occasional cute drawing of a ghost.  If he were allowed to, there would be spiders, cobwebs, tombstones, zombies, and ghoulies.  But I'm not into that.

Evie had a great time going through our Halloween decorations and deciding which would go into her room.  She put a pumpkin that she painted last year in her room, and we also got her some purple lights to go on the ceiling above her bed.  Since I hadn't seen Seth and Evie much at all on Saturday, September 30th because I was coordinating a wedding, I thoroughly enjoyed the decorating, shopping, cooking dinner, and sitting in front of the TV with my two loves, watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and indulging in a couple of Halloween Oreos.

I have to share this picture of Evie napping on Granna and Grannadaddy's couch.  I love to watch her sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment