Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Joys of Childhood

One of the best things about being a mom is experiencing your own childhood all over again.  This week, I had the pleasure of being a chaperone on Evie's class field trip to the garden at the university.  They have been talking about different plants and parts of a plant, so we got to examine the flowers, the fruits, and the vegetables.  And since we were on campus, Granna got to walk over and join us.


Smelling herbs


Counting butterflies with Granna


It's also football season, so Evie, Seth and I went to another great Tigers football game - this one against UCLA (yes, that UCLA).





Saturday night, Evie, Granna, and I got to have dinner with Aunt Linda, Aunt Kristy, and Lydia.  The girls had a great time playing with tortilla dough, coloring, and using Kristy's phone.


Evie is warming up to Siouxsie, since Siouxsie seems to be as tall as she's going to get and is filling out.  Evie, of course, is getting taller and taller, so she's starting to be better able to control Siouxsie - as much as you can control a 6 month old horse of a dog.



Speaking of dogs, Evie still asks questions about Edgar.  This week, it was, "Why didn't Jesus heal Edgar?"  That was a tough one...

We've all had a bit of sniffles this week, and Seth and I in particular have been fighting colds.  One night as I was snuggling with Evie, my sniffles were getting the best of me and my eyes were watering.  Evie said, "You're the best mama... even when you have a cold."  She steals my heart.

She also noticed my necklace on Sunday - a pearl pendant that Seth gave me.  She said, "Mama, I like your necklace."  I said, "Thanks, baby.  Daddy gave it to me before we got married."  She said, "Will you give it to me when I get married?"  I told her of course I would.  Someone help me remember that promise.  You know, when it's time for that, in 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment