Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pretend Sister

I've been out of town for part of this week and it's always rough for me to be away from Evie.  She's so wonderful, I just hate not to share part of each day with her.  But we survived with Granna's help.

As of this last week, Evie has invented a little sister for herself.  She takes her to school, gets her buckled in the carseat, feeds her and dresses her.  Evie's asked me to take her sister with me when I went out of town.  She told Granna Tuesday night, "Mama and my sister are on a trip."  Granna sked who her sister was and Evie said, "My -tend (pretend) sister."  I'm glad Evie was able to explain that because I'd hate for Granna to think we'd been keeping an announcement from her.

One day while we were driving to school, Evie said something funny (I don't remember what) and I said, "Evie, where'd you get that from?", thinking that maybe she heard it from someone else in her class.  She said, "From my mouth."

She told me one day this week, "Penguins don't fly."  I asked her why not.  "Because they don't realize they're supposed to."

Enjoying a milkshake at Red Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment