When I was a kid, I used to take my towel after my bath and put it over my head and say, "Look! I'm Mary Joseph!" (Of course Mary took Joseph's name, and since he only had the one, it makes sense that her last name would be Joseph.) Evie this week put this blanket over her head and said, "Look! I'm Mary!"
I love those connections she shows me to my own childhood. And connections to her own childhood. In a post when she was a baby, I remarked on her many faces. She still has so many facial expressions that look similar to those baby faces.
This is the expression she has when talking about something that doesn't seem quite right.
And here she is looking so grown up and pretty!
Language funnies!
Getting into the car one morning: My hands are cold. My nail polish is cold! (Granna gave her her first manicure this week.)
Describing her stamp from gymnastics to Seth: It's a arrow, it's not a callapittar.
Using her /t/ for /k/ substitutions: I have a stool at my stool! (stool at my school).
She's just so full of fun and life and energy and sweetness. At church today, she and some of the other kids walked around handing out stickers and candy to the worshippers. Her bravery in marching straight up to people and talking to them is astounding. I hope she'll keep that trait. Who wouldn't want a Hershey's kiss from this sweet face?




No comments:
Post a Comment