Friday, September 4, 2015

Language Funnies

This was a pretty typical week for us, even if it's a little crazy.  We're all getting into the swing of being back in school.  I am dropping Evie on on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings and I pick her up on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Seth has drop off/pick up duty on the opposite days, and at first Evie was not happy about this routine, but she now understands that we are taking turns so she's okay with it.  Of course, next week Granadaddy will start picking her up on Tuesdays so things will change just a little bit there.

One day this week Evie was telling me she wanted to go to Granna's house and so I asked her, "Evie, how do you feel about Granna?"  She said, "Well... her like a bear."  I'm not sure exactly how it is that Granna is like a bear.  Later when I was telling Evie we would be going to Texas for the weekend, I asked her how she felt about Aunt Aimee and she said, "Her like a elephant."  I said, "How is that?"  She said, "Well... I can't pet her."

Touche'.

On the night that we did go over to Granna's house, Evie ended up tripping over a toy and she fell in the floor saying how badly she was hurt.  I don't always believe her when she says how hurt she is because she sometimes uses that as a means of getting attention, but this time I could tell she really had done something.  I was afraid she had broken it, but I think she just bruised it.  She wouldn't walk on her foot for the rest of the evening.  I asked her if she wanted some ice for it and she said, "No.  I want ice cream."

One day on the way home, Seth reported, Evie held up her fingers together as though she was holding something and said, "I have a key."  He said, "Oh, you do?" "Uh, huh.   A key to Texas."

She is very excited about our trip to Texas this weekend, as are we.  We have been counting down the days until Friday, and it's finally here!  

1 comment:

  1. Last night when Evie was at our house, we read a Sesame Street book about 5 people in a family. I asked her how many people are in her family. She said 3, Mama, Daddy and Evie. I asked her how many people are in my family, 2 she said, Granna and Grannadaddy. Then I asked how many are in Addie's family. She said 5. I said, "Who are they?" since I was a little surprised she said 5. "Addie, Will, Aimee, Ryan, and Evie!" No wonder she wanted to stay in Texas!

    ReplyDelete