Saturday the cousins enjoyed eating breakfast together and then Addie went to her softball game and the rest of us went to gymnastics. Will takes gymnastics from Tia every Saturday so Evie was able to tag along in that class even though it's for 4 and 5 year olds. Tia was pretty impressed with Evie's moves which was great to hear because Evie started taking gymnastics this week from people who come to her school on Thursdays. I am hoping she'll be as receptive and participatory with them as she was with Tia because she jumped right in and did everything!
After gymnastics we ate lunch at Chuy's and Addie and Aimee were able to join us post-softball. The kids had a great time feeding each other. They shared tortillas, chicken, queso, and of course, an enormous slice of tres leches.
Then we went swimming at Aimee's dad's house which was so much fun. Evie borrowed Addie's floaties and developed a lot of confidence in the pool. She and Addie particularly enjoyed going into the little hot tub section of the pool. Evie called it "The Mermaid Sea". We headed back to the house around 6pm and by 7pm Evie told me she was ready for bed, which didn't surprise me too much because she is still used to getting a nap and she hadn't squeezed one in that day. She slept soundly until 8 am the next morning.
That day, we decided to go sailing on Ryan and Aimee's boat. Evie had a great time and bounced back and forth between hanging out below deck and sitting with me and Seth on deck. She also got to steer for a little bit.
I love the look Addie is shooting Will here, trying to get him to look at the camera.
Helping Uncle Ryan steer
I realized that morning that it had been exactly 3 years since Evie first met Addie. Time flies...
After sailing we went for lunch and then more swimming! Then we had some delicious Thai food and headed home for bed. Monday morning we hung out and then headed home around noon. Evie told us she did not want to leave and that we should go away, then screamed, "I want my Addie" for the first ten minutes of the trip and was then distracted by toys, thank goodness. She definitely had a good time with her cousins.
I got very amused yesterday when we were out running errands. I asked Evie what she wanted for lunch and listed off several things, including a peanut butter sandwich. Seth launched into the Peanut Butter Jelly Time song, complete with hand motions. He was getting quite into it and Evie said, "Daddy, Daddy. Calm down a little bit."
Today we went to church and afterwards went to lunch with the church group but I needed to run to Costco before Evie got too sleepy so I explained to her that Granna would drive her to lunch in my car and I would meet them at the restaurant. That turned into Evie wanting to go to Granna's house and telling me to go away (she LOVES her one on one Granna time) so this evening after her nap, we went to the park by Granna and Grannadaddy's house and then went over and had dinner together. As Dad said, it's so nice to live in the same city and be able to just get together whenever we want to and play things by ear.
It's Grandparents' Day today, which I didn't remember was a thing until I saw it on Facebook. I can say with no doubt in my mind that Evie has a great relationship with Granna and Grannadaddy and we are so grateful for them.










Last night when Evie was at our house, we read a Sesame Street book about 5 people in a family. I asked her how many people are in her family. She said 3, Mama, Daddy and Evie. I asked her how many people are in my family, 2 she said, Granna and Grannadaddy. Then I asked how many are in Addie's family. She said 5. I said, "Who are they?" since I was a little surprised she said 5. "Addie, Will, Aimee, Ryan, and Evie!" No wonder she wanted to stay in Texas!
ReplyDelete