But by the end of the day she was all smiles, according to Seth who picked her up. I had to leave immediately from dropping Evie off to go to one of my clinic placements and then went straight to class, then to the gym, then back to class until 8:30 pm when the instructor let us out a little bit early, so I barely got to see her at all Monday night. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at a nursing home starting at 8am so Seth has to take Evie to school those days but I pick her up. I can take her on Wednesdays and some Fridays, so we pretty much alternate who takes her and who picks her up on a daily basis. Or at least, we will until Grannadaddy starts getting her on Tuesdays after gymnastics. I honestly don't know how I keep this all straight in my head, but I'm glad I have the help of Google calendar to coordinate all of this.
The rest of the week went fine for drop offs and Evie was back to being confident in walking into the classroom. She had a great week and I love that she's already made a good friend there, a little girl named Jackson who wants to hug Evie before she leaves every day. Evie's learned a lot already and comes home counting so well and singing new songs every day.
Speaking of singing songs, I really enjoyed these:
My favorite language moment of the week: I was driving through our neighborhood which has some speed humps that are identified by a yellow sign. We used to count from when we passed the yellow sign to when we went over the hump, which took to the count of 3, and then as we would go over the hump we would say, "Wheeeeeee!". As I was doing that with Evie this week, we come up toward the stop sign and Evie said, "That sign says not wheee."
Today after church Evie got to go home with Granna while Seth and I went to see a show at a local theatre. Evie hadn't been to Granna's house at all this past week and she was really looking forward to visiting. After the church service she is usually running around the sanctuary, crawling under the piano or pretending to sing in the microphone, but today she stuck like glue to Granna's side waiting to go to Granna's house. I love that Granna's house is such a special place for Evie because both of my grandparents' houses were special places for me. And the grandparents in those houses are what make them so wonderful. We are so grateful for Granna and Grannadaddy.
Evie was a little sleepy in the car on the way from church, but she revived when she realized we were close to our house. It was very gratifying how happy she was to be here. She chose a yogurt to start her lunch, then had chicken nuggets, and her favorite - noodles (mac and cheese). Naturally she needed dessert and chose ice cream. We watched Pongo as she ate, but then she wanted to play with some toys. She found some of my jewelry after a trip to the potty, and we took turns trying it on and seeing how it looked. We tried to get in a nap, but all Evie wanted to do was move from one bed option upstairs to another, We played with what Evie called "my puter" which was Granna's Kindle. She enjoyed her way of playing with WordBrain and then with the cupcake game. We read some books, and she nearly fell asleep but shook it off for a bath instead! Then we went outside to blow bubbles, and Evie ventured around the corner in the backyard on her own a few times. She needed a snack after that and chose a Rice Krispy square. So we enjoyed our usual "from this to that" afternoon!
ReplyDelete