Another cute thing she said was as we were pulling into daycare. Her teacher is Miss Pam, and she said, "Evie go Miss Pam's house!"
At her daycare on Friday, they had a little class party and the kids were allowed to dress up. Evie had her first costume, which she had picked out herself one day while we were shopping in Target. She loved this particular Elsa tunic, so I semi-braided her hair and she went to school as Elsa (which is funny to me because Elsa was my first choice name for Evie, but Seth didn't like it).
So surprised at getting to be Elsa!
She had a great time at school and kept telling everyone she was "Evie-Elsa!"
After school, I picked her up and we got ready for our next event. I still felt that Evie was too young for trick-or-treating and there was a Memphis Tigers game, so we dressed her in her Tigger costume and she and I went to the game while Seth stayed at home and worked on projects and manned our door for trick-or-treaters. Here we are before heading to the game. She's holding my basket I used for trick-or-treating (because Granna is magic and saves these kinds of things).
We picked up Granna and parked with plenty of time to see the pre-game schtick of trick-or-treating on Tiger Lane and the band playing. We also got to see the real Tiger, Tom III, before the game. His cage has two sides of plexiglass where you can look in and see him, so I took Evie up to show her the tiger. Then, the trainer went to the back of the tiger's cage and opened this porthole type door and Tom stuck his head out and licked the trainers hand. Evie was fascinated and kept saying "Touch the tiger!" She really wanted to pet him.
Then we got a picture of Evie with Pouncer, the mascot. He was very funny about seeing a miniature version of himself.
It was very cold in the stadium, so we didn't stay long, but Evie loves cheering for the Tigers and is very good at saying, "Go, Tigers, Go!"
Last Sunday night, we had a fall festival at the church, which we also went to. Evie didn't want to wear any costumes, so she just enjoyed running around in probably one of the last few days of the year to wear short sleeves. She liked all the mini games they had, especially the one where you pick up ducks out of the pond and the hay hunt.
Here she is bowling with her buddy Kendall who keeps her entertained on Sunday mornings in the nursery before church starts.
I am continually thankful and glad that we were able to move back to Memphis so that we can do things like this with our church and with family. Going to Tigers games with my parents is something I just love, and Evie is having a good time with it too. Evie also got to see my parents every day last week except for Monday and I think it's so nice that she is getting to build these wonderful bonds with both Granna and Grannadaddy.














No comments:
Post a Comment