The next video is from last night when Evie had a sudden spurt of energy after her nap. She ran around the house for a while and then started galloping along.
A couple of cute pictures too.
The obligatory child-in-parent's-shoes picture. I don't wear heels or leave my shoes around the living room much, but Seth's sneakers were out the other day and Evie put them on, socks and all.
This is Evie and her buddy Kendall from church sitting on the organ pedals after worship today. She looks so grown up and her eyes are just gorgeous.
I also love her attempt at understanding the concept of things being too big or too small. Her Tigger Halloween costume required 3 different purchases to get the right size. I ordered the first one in September and we tried in on at home several times and it fit fine. Well, over the course of the last 8 weeks or so, Evie has grown 1 and a half inches (!) so she got too tall for the first one. So she heard me say, it's too little. Then when I ordered the next size up, they sent me one that was a child's 4-6 instead of the 2-3T I ordered, so it was too big. It took me a lot of convincing after that to get her into the new Tigger costume, but I kept telling her it was not too big and not too little but just right. So now, when she puts on a piece of clothing or shoes, she'll say, "Not too little big. It's just right."
The biggest development this week is that Evie's getting very good at going to the potty. It's interesting to me how she seems to just grasp something overnight. I know her teacher has been taking her to the potty every hour on the hour since August, but she hasn't ever gone at school until this week. She went at home for the first time about two weeks ago, and I admit, I am no where near as vigilant as Ms. Pam at school is. I don't take her or even ask her every hour. I just try to catch her when she looks like she's about to go. But it seems like this week she just suddenly gets the concept and is very proactive about telling me that she needs to go. She's gone consistently at school and today the only time she had a wet diaper was after falling asleep in the car on the way to a birthday party for Ivy. It's so interesting how she just goes from not getting something or doing something to just -BAM- mastered. Like she did with daycare. One Friday she was still crying and wailing when we dropped her off and the following Monday, she just waltzed in there happy as could be. All or nothing, my kiddo.
About three weeks ago when we were at the grocery store, I had already put Evie in the car while I was unloading the groceries. I got the last bags put in the trunk but I needed to get her milk out of the cart. One of the workers came by and took the cart away before I could notice and I started calling out after him to bring it back and that I still had something in it, but he had his headphones in and couldn't hear me. I was thinking, great, now I have to unbuckle Evie, go back into the store, and try to find this particular cart, but fortunately another shopper heard me and got the employee's attention and he brought the cart back to me. So, the point is... this past weekend I took Evie to the grocery store and as we were loading the bags into the trunk (she was still in the cart - I learned my lesson), she said, "No people take away cart." I just can't believe how well she remembers things! Like last night, we went to Kathy's, which we hadn't done for about 6 weeks or so. The last time we were there, Evie watched Tangled. She went up to the entertainment center last night, opened the doors and started looking through the DVDs and kept saying, "Horsey?" It took me a little while to remember that she was more interested in the horse in the movie than any of the human characters and that she was remembering having watched that particular movie. I'm so impressed by her memory.


No comments:
Post a Comment