Evie continues to charm people at daycare. She is in a class of 6 toddlers. She is the oldest, with the youngest being 9 months, and she is one of two girls. The other girl has been going to daycare for several months and according to Miss Edith, she would scream any time the other children got within a 2 foot radius of her. She did not like other kids coming up to her and preferred to stay in her own space. But now that Evie is there, this little girl not only allows Evie to come into her space, she'll even seek Evie out. My baby is already changing lives.
Big news: Evie took two steps this week. Sunday she and Seth were hanging out in the bonus room with the dogs, and dogs are pretty much the biggest motivator for Evie. They were in their pen and Evie wanted to see them better, so she let go of her exersaucer and took two steps over to the chair so she could have a better view. She has also been exploring climbing the stairs in the bonus room. There are only 3 stairs, so if she stumbles she can't go too far, and they are barricaded on both sides so she can't fall off sideways. She is getting very good at climbing up and down.
Demonstrating climbing skills
Sassy finish
Shaking... noses... with her adoring public
Definitely fascinated by doggies.
Seth and I are not sure what to do about her hair. Seth wants Evie to have bangs. I do not. I want her hair to be long enough that we can pull it back, and I don't want to have to take her to get her bangs cut all the time. Seth thinks bangs are cute on little girls and thinks it would be a better way to keep her hair out of her eyes. But what we do agree on is how much we love her little curls!
Evie had her first picnic this week. She throws food on the floor when she is bored with being in the high chair, and often when we put her down, before we can even grab the broom to sweep it up, she is sitting on the floor under the high chair, trying to eat the food she just threw. So I thought this weekend that I would attempt giving her her snack as a picnic.
It was moderate successful, until she started crumbling up the crackers.
I realize that we do a poor job of getting pictures with her, so here are my attempts from this week.
Being fed by Daddy
And returning the favor.
Posing with Mama.
The thing that is most difficult about getting in pictures with Evie is that she always wants to grab the camera or phone. In fact, in order to take pictures or video, she has to be so completely distracted that she doesn't notice. I snapped the following picture only because she's never been given free reign on a bed before.
You notice how proud and excited she is.
And this video, which I was trying to sneak because of how cute she was reading her book in the bathtub, was cut short because she caught me filming her.
She's quite the kid... Seth and I agreed the other day that it would have been a tragedy if we'd never gotten to be parents, not because we're so good for Evie, but because of how good Evie is for us.







No comments:
Post a Comment