On Tuesday, she was up very, very early so I got her up and breakfasted and took her to school. She went right from my arms to the teacher's arms without any hesitation which made me feel so good. I would hate to leave her crying. Seth and I both came to pick her when her nap was over, and at first she didn't even acknowledge us. I called her name, but she didn't look up. Her teacher said her name and Evie looked up at her, so the teacher pointed to us. Evie looked over and smiled and then kept on playing. After a few seconds she came crawling over, but she seemed like she would have been happy to stay there for a while longer. We took her home anyway. :) Other than the fact that she is only getting about half the nap that she normally gets, she seems to have adjusted perfectly. She likes being around the other kids and having new toys to play with. Here she is on her first day:
I think I failed to mention that a couple of weeks ago she added "milk" to her list of words she knows. It comes out like "muh", but we know what she means. So she has mama, dada, dottie (doggies), tanku (thank you), and muh. She has also been spending much more time with the doggies and when she goes over to their pen she often stands by herself for long periods of time, but if we say anything to her she suddenly realizes that we've caught on to her trick and she'll lower herself down. I think she's milking this crawling/be carried thing for all it's worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment