We've had a good week, though Seth and I now have bronchitis. I'm sure we'll get better some day. Evie, fortunately, got the all-clear from Dr. Vafai at her follow-up appointment on Tuesday, so her ear infection is gone. She has still been a little cranky lately, probably due to those four molars still working their way through her gums. All but her top left have broken the skin, and I think that last one will break any day.
Her biggest accomplishment this week was standing on her own for about 2 full seconds. She was standing, playing with one of her table toys and let go for a few. It's funny that I really don't care when she walks. I think during the first year of her life I was so anxious for her to meet whatever milestones, and now I just know that she'll move on to the next phase whenever she's ready. She's clearly cognitively and physically fine, so whenever she's interested, I'm sure she'll start walking. Right now she's so fast at crawling that she probably doesn't want to give up her speed.
Her hair is getting adorably long with curls on the end. Today was the first day I attempted to put her hair up, and we tried pig tails. I couldn't get it all to go in, but I think she's pretty darn cute.
Last night was the first night she went to bed without a bottle. We had been letting her have one big bottle before bedtime, then brushing her teeth and rocking, but at dinner last night she drank two cups of milk and I was afraid she would explode if we gave her any more. So it looks like we are bottle free. It'll be nice to get back that counter and cabinet space!
Seth was reading her the ABC book by Dr. Seuss the other day and he opened to the A page and Evie said, "aaaaahhhhh". Then he read the A page and then the B page and Evie said, "buh buh buh". He flipped to the C page and she said, "kuh kuh" and the "da da da". It was all just coincidental (we're pretty sure) but really funny.
It looks like we are entering the last couple of weeks of Evie being at home. She'll be going to daycare starting in the middle of July. I have such mixed emotions about that. I think she will love it. She's a very social kid and will enjoy interacting with all the new teachers and kids. She's inquisitive and will love playing in a new place with new toys. But, of course, I hate the thought of her going to "school" already for selfish reasons. I love being home with her three days a week now (I get to work from home on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays) and seeing her when I come downstairs for lunch. I love knowing she's got the full attention of whoever is taking care of her. Part of me is sad to see the end of this era of keeping her at home. But I know she'll grow in so many wonderful ways at daycare and I'm excited to see those changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment