Thursday, February 7, 2013
Mama!
I know I just wrote about her yesterday, but I have to share. Today, Evie said her first word, if your definition of a word is something that is recognizable to language speakers as a word, even if the speaker does not necessarily know its meaning. I was sitting with her on the loveseat, kissing her face and tickling her, letting her pull up on my shoulders, etc., and she looked me right in the eye and said, "Mama". I immediately hugged her close and started sobbing. It's such an amazing feeling, because we've been working with her on saying ma-ma for a few weeks now and she's grasped the concept! And then to have her look at you while calling you the name she will know you by... Needless to say, I have just had my night completely made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And you will look up when someone says "Mama" for years to come! You may know it is not your sweet one's voice, but you are attuned to the call. Ryan called me "Mama" until we moved to Nashville, and then I became "Mom." You adopted his "Mom" right away, calling me "Ma" at first. So sweet.
ReplyDelete