Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Evie's 37th Week

I realize that at some point, this whole "Evie's xth Week" is going to get old.  Maybe when she turns a year old I'll rethink my naming conventions for these posts...

Seth and I had a quiet Valentine's Day at home with our new little Valentine.



Then, Evie enjoyed seeing both her grandmothers this weekend, as well as her other Memphis family.  Grammy (Seth's mom) came to visit Friday and Monday, and they enjoyed playing with toys, reading, and having dinner together.


On Friday afternoon, Evie and I went to Memphis for the weekend to see my family and some of my friends.  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera when I went to go see Amanda, Megan, and Rachel, but Evie quite enjoyed playing with them.  Amanda let her play with a large drum, and Evie scared Amanda's two kitties. 

Evie's had several new physical developments this week.  First of all, the crawling forward has gotten much more successful.  She still tends to "put it in reverse" as my Grandma Jeanne says, but she does now go forward.  The sweetest thing is when she goes forward towards you and then crawls in your lap.  Evie has also become an excellent yogi.  She has perfected the downward dog position.


Over the weekend and the first part of this week, she's gone from simple pike position to standing up more or less folded in half.  She also took some steps to me while I was holding her out from me, so I think walking may not be far off.

She also now says "Papa" in addition to "Mama".  She doesn't quite voice the a's in Papa, so it kind of comes out as p-p-, but we'll take it as Papa for now.  And she's learned to clap her hands.





As Seth mentions in the video, we got a new rug for the living room.  This is because, well, a) we've wanted a rug for that room for a while, and b) Evie kept pulling the little shapes out of her mat we bought a few weeks ago and chewing on them.  Bleh.  So, she now has a nice cushy rug to play on.

Here's some pics from her bathtime last night too.




 I just can't get over how much I love this kid.  My project manager from a study I was on before I went on maternity leave is in the office this week, and he stopped by my desk and asked me how I was liking motherhood.  And I told him it was even better than I thought it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment