Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Evie's 38th Week

I realized today that it's only 99 days until Evie turns 1 year old.  My goodness, they were right when they said time flies once you have kids.  I can't believe that next Wednesday, I'll have a 9 month old.  I suppose she has now passed the point where she's been outside of me longer than she was in.

Her latest trick is pulling up.  She loves to pull up on the coffee table to look at her Daddy.  She's also been using her toys to give herself more height.  This has resulted in the realization that we need to lower the crib, which Seth did last night.  In fact, as I type this, she is attempting to pull up on the loveseat.  I'm okay with that because, aside from the fact that I'll need to do more babyproofing, I'm ready for her to walk.  This crawling business freaks me out.  I'm always afraid I'm going to step on her fingers when I have to walk around her.

She is also getting her two top front teeth, and so has been a little cranky lately. But other than one night last week, she has slept through the night consistently for a while now.  I thought the teething would do us in, but she's taking it in stride.  She's also starting to do a chewing motion, so we gave her puffs the other day.  The last time I tried to give her puffs, she gagged, but this time she knew what to do with them, and even got some in her mouth all by herself.







No comments:

Post a Comment