Evie had her first slumber party this week. She and I drove down to Memphis again on Saturday so that I could be in town to celebrate New Year's Eve with my girlfriends from high school. We have done New Year's together since 2001, and I told them last year that I wouldn't let having a baby keep me from being with them on New Year's, so my parents kept Evie overnight. I thought I would have a hard time leaving her for her first slumber party, and I admit that I cried as I walked out the door and drove to my friend Amanda's, but about halfway there, I got excited to see my friends and have a night to myself. I had a great time, and Evie definitely enjoyed spending time with Granna and Grannadaddy, even if she kept poor Granna up all night.
I forgot to mention last week that Evie started sitting by herself on Christmas Day. She now sits like a pro, and has only fallen over 3 times that I know of since she started sitting alone. She's getting so big and doing so much! She's also started getting separation anxiety, mostly from me, I think, since we have been together for 3 weeks now on vacation. She cries when I leave the room, but at least she can be consoled. She also started playing peekaboo with Granna this weekend, and she loves it. It's so fun to watch her grow up!
Sadly, I forgot my camera so no pictures from me this week. I know some were taken, but I don't have any to share this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment