Sunday, January 6, 2013

7 Months Old

Happy Epiphany!  Our sweet girl is 7 months old today.  I posted this picture on Facebook and my friend Annalisa who visited in November said, "It's hard to believe how much she has changed in two months."


I think it's hard to believe how much she has changed in just one month.  It feels like we've spent the entire month of December on the go, and we pretty much did.  We left for Oregon on Dec 15th, got back to Nashville on the 21st and turned around the next day to go to Memphis.  We were in Memphis from the 22nd-27th, then Evie and I went back to Memphis on the 29th and stayed until Jan 2nd.  So for almost three weeks, we weren't at home.  

In that time, Evie went from being unable to sit in a high chair at a restaurant because she couldn't quite support herself to sitting independently on the floor, playing with toys.  She bangs toys together, pushes buttons, reaches for whatever toy she wants, and is thinking about crawling.  It is truly amazing to see how much she's changed, even in just the last few weeks.

One change we still haven't made is putting her in the crib to sleep at night.  She still wakes up a fair bit in the night, mostly from tummy troubles, so I hate to put her in the crib because it'd mean going upstairs any time she needed comforting.  That, or I'd be sleeping on an air mattress in the nursery.  Why, oh why did we buy a two story house?  I'm hoping that she'll be sleeping through the night before she starts to crawl, because once she can crawl and pull up, she'll have to go in the crib. 

We have had to move her car seat straps up to the last level, moved her exersaucer legs up to their tallest notch, and moved her jumper to level 3 out of 4.  I'm also retiring her little playmat that she used to use for tummy time.  Not to mention all the clothes I'm packing away this weekend.  I'm looking forward to this new stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment