Our biggest accomplishment this week was starting the transition to the crib. When I got home last Tuesday, before heading to Memphis, I was worried that I might get bombarded with winter weather if I didn't get on the road quickly, so I packed as quickly as possible. Thankfully, Sydney washed some bottles and had Evie ready to go in the carseat when I was ready to head out, so that was very helpful in getting me on the road sooner. But trying to pack for both me and Evie at the last minute, thinking about the possibility that we would need clothes for a funeral, in addition to diapers, formula, food, pjs, etc... It was a lot to think about. So when Seth suggested that I leave the pack-n-play in Nashville and just use the crib at Granna and Grannadaddy's, that sounded like a good idea.
The first night, I was scared Evie would be up all night, but surprisingly she did pretty well. By Sunday, she was even able to take a three hour nap in the crib, in the room by herself! So when we came home last night, I blew up the air mattress in her room for me and Seth and put her to bed in her crib. She did great! She woke up once at 2:15, ate, and then went right back to sleep. She stirred a little around 5am, but she calmed herself down and was able to get back to sleep. When I left this morning, I was feeling good about our progress.
Unfortunately, she wasn't so cooperative during the day. She didn't end up napping in the crib because she just wouldn't settle down. We have a theory that it might be too bright in there, so we bought some black-out curtains and are hoping that will make improvements in tomorrow's napping schedule.
But, I feel very good about the progress we made this week, and I can see on the horizon that Seth and I might actually get our room back to ourselves, and we might have a baby that sleeps upstairs through the night soon. Incredible!
A couple of pictures from this week:
Showing off her enormous eyes
This is actually from last week, but it makes me laugh
Enjoying her exersaucer at Granna and Grannadaddy's

No comments:
Post a Comment