Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Evie's 9th Week

Today Evie added another new "taste" to her very short list of foods that she has tasted in her 9 weeks of life.  Prior to today she had eaten milk, formula (though she hasn't had any of that in 8 weeks), vitamin D drops, and gas drops.  Today, she added the rotavirus vaccination.  Sadly for her, that was the only vaccination out of the 4 she got today that was given orally; the rest were sticks.  But I have to say that she was a big trooper.  She was so calm during the rest of the visit and only stuck her lip out in response to the first vaccine in her right leg.  She let out a little cry when the second one came in her left leg, and then third, and we were warned it would be the most painful, made her scream louder than I've heard her scream since we left the hospital.  But a quick insert of the paci and she was calm again.  She even smiled at me when we dressed her again.

Dr. Vafai said she is doing great!  She is now 11 lbs, 4 ounces, so she's gained a total of 4lbs and 2 ounces since birth.  That puts her in the 62nd percentile for weight.  She is still only 22 inches long, 34th percentile, but Dr. Vafai said that babies get fat first and then get longer, so we should see some lengthening soon.  Evie passed the tummy time test by showing off her head control, and she got many comments from the nurses and Dr. Vafai about her alertness.  The visit went great, and I didn't even cry, which I'm amazed at because I used to cry when our dogs got shots...

Here's Evie pre-vax, snuggling with Daddy:

 And post-vax, wearing her band-aids like a trooper:


Oh, and I meant to post this picture of Seth and Evie playing Make-My-Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment