Friday, July 20, 2012

And So She Became The Nanny

The title is a reference to that 90's sitcom starring Fran Drescher, for those of you who aren't up on your TV show theme songs.

Great, marvelous, fantastic news today!  We have a nanny!  Our very own Aunt Syd is moving to Nashville and is going to be staying with us and keeping Evie when Seth has class, and we couldn't be happier! 

We had interviewed and really liked a lady here in Mt. Juliet who had 2 years of nursing school and experience with newborn care, both in a daycare and an in-home setting.  At my Aunt Kathy's recommendation, we asked the candidate if she would come to babysit for a couple of hours while we were still in the house getting some other things done.  Well, she was supposed to come last Friday and emailed me (not called, just emailed) an hour before she was supposed to show and said she had a flat tire.  So we gave her one more shot and asked her to come this past Tuesday, and she was a no-show.  No call, no text, no email...  I don't know what happened, but we knew that we obviously could not use her if she was going to be unreliable.

So, I began frantically searching for nanny placement agencies and websites and for daycares because we need to have someone lined up for when Seth goes back to school in August!  Fortunately, Sydney heard about our dilemma and said she was interested in doing it.  Syd's grandmother lives in Atlanta, so she'll be closer to visit, and Syd was considering a move to Nashville anyway, so it's really a perfect scenario for everyone, I think.  Syd will stay with us until next summer and then we'll put Evie in a daycare in the fall.  (And, yes, I already have tours scheduled with a few daycares here so we can get her on the list ASAP).

We couldn't be more excited!  It's so great to know that Evie will be well-taken care of and she'll get to be so close with her auntie.  I'm so happy I could burst!

 Evie and Aunt Syd on 6/14/12

No comments:

Post a Comment