Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Squash, Anyone?

I'm kind of surprised that they could only come up with a generic "squash" to describe baby's measurements this week.  I mean, considering that in just a few weeks we'll have a Butternut Squash, just a plain ole Squash seems so bland.  But, I guess equating fetus size with fruit and vegetables is not an exact science. 

So, Squash and I are doing very well.  She is getting very big - she's probably about 4 or 4.5 lbs now, and I love watching the bumps she makes on my belly.  I was reading in bed a few nights ago and she was so squirmy and I put my hand on what I assume was her head (maybe it was her behind... who knows), and I thought, "I just can't wait to see what you look like!"

Theoretically Squash should be in a head-down position now, though my OB hasn't confirmed that yet.  She might do so at the next appointment, which is on Tuesday.  Judging from the extra pressure I'm feeling around my pelvis, Squash is definitely growing and changing positions.  I have come home from work every day this week feeling like I've been riding a bicycle all day - that kind of pressure from sitting at the computer desk that just aches.  Seth wisely suggested that I get a donut pillow to take to work, so this morning I grabbed the Boppy pillow my sister-in-law gave us and I used it all day and I feel so, so much better.  My husband is brilliant.

We've made an appointment to meet Squash's new pediatrician (hopefully), Dr. Vafai.  I chose Dr. Vafai in part because of her name.  My sister-in-law is a pediatrician named Dr. Vafaie.  So I couldn't help but look into Dr. Vafai more when I found her name in our network.  She is from Iran, like my sister-in-law's family, and is the first partner in a group of pediatricians that is closest to our house.  All the "pediatricians" in our town are actually nurse practitioners and, though I have nothing at all against NPs, I want a full blown pediatrician, so we'll be going to the next town over.  We will be meeting her on May 11th and I hope we like her.  With a name like Vafai, how could we not?


No comments:

Post a Comment