No, Braxton is not one of the names we are considering for this little Acorn Squash. It's short for the Braxton Hicks contractions I started feeling today. Now, don't get excited - these are perfectly normal, and in fact, WebMD (which, you know, is totally official and all) says they are likely to start between 28 and 30 weeks. So, here I am at 29w4d, having driven 3 hours back from Easter weekend in Memphis, only to go to immediately sitting in my (very hard and uncomfortable) office chair doing a conference call for an hour, when I start feeling these sharp tightening pains and cramps. It's sharp enough that a had to catch my breath for a second and then went to lie down on the couch for the rest of the call.
Again, this is nothing to worry about. It was one little bout of them, not a recurring thing, and they are mostly considered a warm up for the real thing. But I was pleased that up until now I hadn't experienced them. I remember my sister-in-law having them around 5 or 6 months, so I was hoping the fact I'd gotten to 7 months without them might mean they wouldn't be making an appearance. But I guess Acorn Squash is just testing it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment