Pineapple and I got a great report with Dr. Kyzer yesterday. I have gained 15 pounds, my blood pressure was 122/74, belly measures exactly 31 weeks, and Pineapple's heart rate was 152. All great news. Per Dr. Kyzer, if she came early she would be perfectly formed and just need an incubator until she got some more fat on her to keep her warm. Hearing the word perfect during pregnancy is always appreciated.
Pineapple has a new favorite spot when I'm sitting at my desk. She loves to get onto my right side at the top of my ribs and tickle me. I literally laugh out loud. I'm not sure if this is her foot or her hand, but there's some precious little appendage that loves to hang out in that spot and wiggle around.
I have been so very glad this past week to have no heartburn to speak of for the first time in ages. I've eaten tomato-based products almost every day this week and have not had to re-taste them over and over again for hours (or days). It's wonderful!
Sleeping is definitely getting harder, though, and getting to work on time is becoming difficult. This fact makes the news I got today even better. I have been filling out paperwork for short-term disability (a.k.a., maternity leave), and got a call from our benefits center today informing me that I could start disability two weeks before my due date. I was over the moon. That's about a week earlier than I had planned to take off, and I now only have 33 more work days left! June 6th, get here soon! This means Seth and I can have some good time to ourselves before Pineapple makes her debut, and we can put the finishing touches on the nursery and do whatever last minute errands I'm capable of at that time. And I'll be relatively rested before the birth, whereas today I felt like I could have fallen asleep on my keyboard at any moment. I'm so relieved!
I'm also just so incredibly happy. This is truly the happiest I've felt since our wedding. I'm not saying I haven't been happy since then, mind you. I'm just on such a cloud right now. Seth is just such a loving and caring husband - I couldn't ask for better. And I'm so excited to meet our little girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment