Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Sweetpea Survives

Now officially in Week 6, Sweetpea is making his/her presence known in the form of ravenous hunger, followed with extreme dislike of whatever it was I just ate.  I'm loving every minute of it.  Truly.  For the first time since about February when I started my (50 lb) weight loss, I am letting myself eat whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it.  So far, my diet today has consisted of: Laughing Cow cheese, bagel, animal crackers, artichokes, peanut butter crackers, apple, ginger ale, more animal crackers (staving off the nausea), peppermint hot chocolate, and I'm topping it off with lasagna.  Don't judge me.  I'm blaming it all on the Sweetpea.

I've also decided, I'm done living in fear.  I'm done waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of whether this baby is going to make it home with us or not.  Let's face it, when I go in for an ultrasound on Monday, it's going to hurt regardless of whether I've attempted to mentally prepare myself for disappointment or not.  So, for the next four days, I'm going to live in the moment, enjoy the idea that in 34 weeks I'll be a momma, and just revel in this great mystery/miracle that is going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment