Saturday, October 8, 2011

It Starts

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

I've debated whether or not it's even worthwhile to start this blog considering that
A) I don't really know how I feel about blogging this process for the world to see and
B) no one will read this for at least 3 more months.

But, I can always change my mind later and decide not to share this blog if I don't want to.  And in the meantime, it'll be nice to have somewhere to record what's happening.  Other than my LiveJournal.

I guess it would be obvious from the title of this blog that I have just learned I am pregnant.  I cannot tell you the multitude of thoughts running through my head.  To answer a question that may be running through yours, YES, we wanted this.  We've wanted this very much for a very long time, not to go into specifics.  In fact, I wasn't 100% sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me this morning...  I've thought for quite a while that if I ever actually DID see a positive pregnancy test I wouldn't believe it.  Well, I didn't at first.  I'm in complete astonishment.

I wish I could say that I'm relieved that this is finally happening.  In a way, I am.  I'm thrilled, I'm hopeful, I'm excited.  But I'm also cautious.  I know that there are many factors that will play into whether or not this pregnancy makes it.  So I'm trying to keep calm about it, not get too hopeful.  I wish I could just get excited and think that everything will be just fine.  But I'm predisposed through my father's side to worry about things, so...

Here's hoping I get a happy and healthy 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment